Monday, June 12, 2006

Teething
Sophie is teething. She chews on everything. She woke up at 1:45am and did not go back to sleep until 3am. Then she woke up again at 5:45am. This time there was no going back to sleep. She was tired and crabby but she didn't want to sleep. She wouldn't sit up either. I called her pediatrician's office and they suggested Tylenol for her teething. It worked - about 30 minutes after giving her Tylenol, she slept from 11:15am to 1:45pm. She was a whole different person after that nap. She was happy and she would sit up!!! I was worried there for awhile.

Grandma Debbie rescued me today. She brought us lunch and watched Sophie so I could get some shopping done. Sometimes I get so stir crazy not being able to take Sophie out with me. I don't think I've mentioned this before but one of the side effects of ACTH is that it can weaken the immune system. Therefore, we don't take Sophie to any enclosed public areas for fear of her getting sick. We can take her to the park and other outdoor places. Thank goodness it is summer!!!

Sophie was up to 3 clusters again today. They are so mild that sometimes it is so hard to tell if she is having a seizure. I wonder how many more she is actually having that we're not catching.

Thank you all for your posts, e-mails and phone calls. It warms our hearts to know how much our friends and family are thinking about us and praying for us. It helps keep us strong and positive. We are blessed to have so many people care!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sophie...or should I say poor Mom and Dad...adding teething to the rest of this. Hope she cuts those teeth easier than Ryan. At a year he'd gone through plenty of Tylenol and motrin (and fussing) and finally had 2 teeth!!

We love her picture!! Looks like she loves her thumb as much as Grandma Deb loved hers.

Grandma called me yesterday when she was playing with her so I could hear her giggle over the phone. Can't wait to hear that giggle in person. See you soon.

Love,
Aunt Barb and Uncle Neil