Thursday, May 03, 2007

Insane...

WARNING: This diet can cause the most sane person to go insane.

If the diet was a pill, this warning would be required to be posted on the label of the bottle. There are so many variables in this diet, that it is so hard to figure out what is working and what is not working. Then on top of that, you have the variables of everyday life. In the last 2 weeks that we have been home from the hospital -
  1. Sophie has had a rash caused by a virus which finally cleared up last Saturday.
  2. Only to have another rash return which was caused by who knows what.
  3. To now having a runny nose.
So we wonder. We wonder if she had a bad seizure day because of one of the above or maybe it was something she ate or maybe it was because her nap schedule was off or maybe it was because... I could go on forever with the scenarios that run through my head. So now we are trying to eliminate some of the variables. She will eat the same thing everyday for the next 7 days and she will be on a tight nap/feeding schedule. We are also going to start checking her blood ketone and glucose levels. I haven't quite figured out the machine but I am working on that. So that is where we stand. Sophie has good days and she has bad days. I still believe that this diet is going to work. I just need to figure out how!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a few months you'll have this down to a science till then I'm sure you would like a padded, soundproof room to go into at least once a day!! This is going to be a great step forward for Sophie. Keep up with the trial and error. I know you'll get the pieces of the puzzle in the rught places.

Love to all of you and I love the pictures.

Barb