Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A True Fighter...

She is doing Ah-May-Zing!!!  What a difference a couple of days have made.

Here's a picture just a few hours after surgery on Friday...




Then she slept for the next 3 days...




Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy came this morning.  She was MAD.  I had to leave because she kept crying for me.  So, of course, I went down to the gift shop to buy her a prize...cute little slipper socks.  But, by the time I came back up, she was already in bed looking great.  She said "Mommy, I did good".  She was so proud of herself.  They had her (with support) walk down the halls of the hospital.  She is still weak but I know it will only be a matter of time before she gains her strength back.

Looking so awake and alert after therapy...


Do you see that piece of graham cracker she is holding?  She is eating and drinking, though we are taking it VERY slowly.  She gets a few sips of water an hour and has ate a little over half a graham cracker square.


After therapy, these clowns came by...


She is holding a magic wand in her RIGHT hand and popping bubbles.  What a great therapy idea!


I am hopeful that we will be home by the end of the week!!!

Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.  It really has lifted me in spirit.  You all have been on this journey with us and have been an important part of the healing process.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

7 comments:

blogzilly said...

Awesome is a word that only scratches the surface...

Anonymous said...

So wonderful!

Danielle said...

That totally IS a great therapy idea! So happy you're seeing happier moments!

XO

...d

Reagan Leigh said...

She looks WONDERFUL!!! I'm so glad to see her doing so well!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Anonymous said...

Sophie you're looking like a million bucks!!! Hurry home.

Love,
Aunt Barbie

Anonymous said...

So, so, so happy to read this post!! She looks amazing!! And it sounds even better! Isn't each day a miracle!!?? I really can't say how happy I am for you...wish I was nearby to come give you guys a hug!

Aloha~Sheila

Mrs. M said...

Awww!
Hope the healing is smooth and brings the results you all need.