Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are home.  We actually got home late Thursday night.  Sorry for the lack of timely updates.  Sophie is doing well.  She is getting stronger by the day.

Everything has caught up to me and I am just completely exhausted.  I am trying to get back into the routine.  And with the holidays right around the corner, I have a lot on my To Do list.  But I am just soaking in these days...being back at home with my family.  I missed Elsa and Charlie a lot.  And it feels good to be cuddled up next to Sophie in my own bed (did I mention that I slept 7 straight nights in a hospital bed with Sophie!).


Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Happy holidays!! Hope by the time the New year rolls around everyone feels like their old self again.
Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elaine. It puts special meaning to "home for the holidays," doesn't it? Don't stress over to-do lists. Wear crazy flannel pajamas all day and snuggle with the entire family in front of the fireplace with hot chocolate and baby marshmellows. Throw some sleep bags out in front of the fireplace for extra comfort. Let Schnuck's (Dierbergs?) do all the cooking, its more than adequate. I think the holidays are all about the simple things.

I'm so happy that Sophie is back home with the family. "Sleep tight" to one and all. Best wishes. CB

(To all you out of towners - Schnucks and Dierbergs, little spoken of, are the wierd relatives that love to cook.)

Danielle said...

Rest is healing for Sophie...and YOU!

xo

...danielle