- The EEG is never really convincing.
- The left side is worse than the right side but there is independent right side activity.
- Her brain is electrically caught up in a storm. Eventually the brain burns out around the age of 4 or 5 years old. Meaning her development will level off and quite possibly regress. Once this happens, the skills are not regained.
The PET scans...
- The PET scan looks much worse on the left.
- There is a subtle area of abnormality in the right temporal lobe.
- The MRI shows a blurring in gray-white matter in the left hemisphere.
- Nothing is noted in the right hemisphere.
Additional evidence or reasons discussed on why the committee agreed on surgery...
- She is showing preference in her left hand.
- Jackson's case (which is similar to Sophie's) has proven to be successful.
- Since she has failed so many medications, this is the best option for her even though she does not have the best scenario for surgery.