Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm freaking out...

There is no other way to put it. I can't process the information I just received. A neurologist that works under Dr. Chugani just called me. She wanted to get a history of Sophie since our last visit in October. THEY ARE GOING TO PRESENT HER TO THE SURGICAL COMMITTEE on Monday!!! What did they see in the EEG??? I asked but she wanted to wait until Tuesday to discuss. I am in shock. This was the last thing I ever expected. I have (or had...not sure how I feel at the moment) given up on all hope that Sophie would ever be a surgical candidate. It just did not sound promising. It still does not sound promising. When the epileptologist reviewed her EEG with me at the hospital, she saw nothing that would point towards Sophie being a surgical candidate. Even though I had the EEG on a CD before I left the hospital, I waited until just this past Monday evening to mail it. I thought there was no point. But I had to send it. That was the whole reason we had the EEG in the first place...because Dr. Chugani had requested it. I am so glad it's Friday. Good Friday. Brandon took off work today. My brother from San Diego is in town visiting. And my sister, her husband and their little boy from Chicago are in town visiting. We have lots of fun things planned for the weekend. A lot to keep me busy. To keep my mind from going there. Because after the disappointment from last time, I don't know if my heart can take it.

9 comments:

Krissy said...

I pray that you get the answers you are looking for soon and that this weekend you try to relax and enjoy the wonderful company. Hugs are being sent your way. =]

Victoria Strong said...

Oh, sweet Sophie. I don't know whether to be hopeful or worried. I will hope that you have a peaceful weekend and that you have strength for next week to guide you toward what you think is best for your darling Sophie.

Anonymous said...

We are all very hopeful and can express our feelings no more succintly and eloquently than Victoria. May your weekend be full of family and happiness and that Tuesday's answers come quickly and hold the answers you pray for.

CB

Heather said...

We have always felt so blessed that Zoey is a candidate ... strange to some but I know how you are feeling .. totally and completely.Try to take a deep breath,enjoy your family and leave it in the hands of the One who really knows.Love to you all.

Danielle said...

Lots o' love & freaking out with you today!

...danielle

JSmith5780 said...

WOW!! Can't wait to hear what they have to say. Hopefully they will call you Tuesday evening!

Pink Daisy Photography said...

oh wow!! keep us posted!!

Lisa

Jackson's Blog said...

Elaine~ i am praying for some good news! Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today...and waiting anxiously to hear the news!