Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Talking...

Sophie is talking!!! In the mist of everything going on, I haven't had time to post about all the great things that have been happening around here lately. The words aren't that clear and there are probably only a handful of us that would understand her BUT she is trying. Trying very hard. Here's a list (somewhat in order of when she started saying them) and I am sure I am probably missing a few...

mama
ball
rock
moon
tree
dada
wawa (water)
yes
no
this
bird

I can't even explain how excited I am that she is talking. I use to wonder if she would ever talk. Then the sign language started and then I knew she would talk...it was just a matter of when. Now she is talking. Mostly the words are prompted (meaning "Sophie can you say...") but she has said two words spontaneously...mama and rock. Mama she said spontaneously when I picked her up from preschool a few weeks ago and now she says it spontaneously quite often. Rock she has said spontaneously only one time and that was when she walked by and saw one laying in her basket. It is a start. A great start!!!

3 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

That is SO wonderful!! Sophie continues to inspire! I was amazed with the signs that she was using...but words...I know how elated you must be!!! Take care and I'm praying the ACTH will work!!
Tera

Lori said...

I am so excited for Sophie. That is great. Maybe it's the ACTH? Nora started crawling and walking while on ACTH. Sophie's progress also makes me hopeful for Nora. She is starting to sign more and is repeating a few words (go, mama, Elmo-or momo as she calls him)Nora is 2 and 4 months. How old is Sophie? Oh I hope this round of ACTH gets rid of her seizures. We were SO lucky that Nora's went away the 1st time. Hopefully she'll fly through without too many side effects. Take care and Hooray for Sophie.
Lori and Nora

Danielle said...

Oh Elaine...that is SO amazing! I'm all mushy today...and now my eyes are misty! I'm so happy for you...and your beautiful Sophie. She has an amazing mom you know!

...danielle