Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Charlie...

It's only been 6 days but I can't imagine life without Charlie. I think he is going to be my laid back little boy...putting a little balance in a household full of high demanding girls. He has already watched many hours of baseball with Brandon.

Sophie is becoming more gentle with him. At first, she just wanted to poke, bite, hit or otherwise torture him. But she doesn't do it to be mean. She just doesn't know how to act around him.

Elsa, on the other hand, thinks he is her babydoll. She is so gentle, sweet and caring with him. She wants to hold him, feed him, kiss him and just help out in any way she can.

Even Haley has bonded with him. She chose to hang out with us at the hospital instead of going back home. She was with us when we decided to check out of the hospital a day early and wanted to sit in the back seat with him on the way home.

He just completes our family when I thought there was no more room to grow. It is going to be an exhausting and demanding few years. I am not quite sure if I am ready for the challenge and I am sure there will be days when I lay down at night and wonder how I got through the day. One day at a time.
















19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's how he looks with his eyes open. Adorable. Can't wait to get to see him again and hold him.

Love,
Jake

blogzilly said...

The photo of those little feet are TOO cute!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun around there!
Love,
Barb

Chris and Julie said...

These pictures are SOO cute! I have to say that you have the cutest siblings-and I agree...Charlie completes the photo:)

Anonymous said...

Brandon-you have such a beautiful family! Charlie is just adorable. I was so glad to hear of Sophie's amazing recovery. Imagine her saying animal-just fantastic!

Robin (from the "President")

Holli said...

What an exciting (and equally exhausting) time! Good thing little Charlie has been so easy going so far. You are blessed!

And the feet...I chuckle everytime you post a new one! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful looking family. Everyone looks so happy and healthy. Enjoy it, one day at a time:)

Aloha!
Sheila

JSmith5780 said...

"I am sure there will be days when I lay down at night and wonder how I got through the day."

I do this A LOT! :)

What a beautiful family. It looks complete!

Adesta said...

How perfect your world is right now...I swear, babies make everything right in the world for a little while at least. Charlie is adorable.

I have a feeling that Charlie will be spending many more hours watching sports on tv with daddy!!!

Congrats again!

Colby said...

A beautiful family...Look at the joy!!! Have been waiting on more photos....LOVE them....Thank you for sharing your life with us!!!

Cyndi

Unknown said...

I didn't realize how much hair he had until the bottom pictures! What a cutie and a perfect addition to your family. Little Charlie will soon learn to hold his own among his sisters and probably have them at his beck and call soon enough. So much fun to bring each new baby home!...Enjoy these early days together!

Danielle said...

boys are the sweetest!

...danielle

Leslie Driver-Rowe + Devon Rowe said...

Elaine,

That's exactly how I felt when Birke was born, it was like he was already a part of our family, he just decided to arrive here physically. I'm sure Charlie will end up being a mama's boy just like Birkeley is.

Congrats again, he is gorgeous & wonderful.

Reagan Leigh said...

So adorable! You will definitely have your hands full but it sounds like you've got it all under control!

cls6179 said...

How sweet! Remember, God knew the kind of mother you would be. That is why He gave you these children. He knows you can handle it.

Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new additon! Charlie is so cute. Can't wait to see more pics.
Kat, Mark, & Matthew Baur

Karen said...

OMG what a little cutie he is! Congratulations on your precious little boy! The girls look so happy! Im so nervous on how Cami will react to our new one....7 weeks left! Your time seemed to go by fast here at the end! I cant wait to find out what we are having. Best wishes to you and your family!

(((Hugs)))
Karen

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Congrat on the newest addition to the family. How cute. Wishing you all the best with your new bundle of joy
Ger, Finnian adn the Cats in the Bronx

cls6179 said...

Elaine,

I love you and always have. I am so proud of who you have become.

Aunt Connie