Thursday, August 30, 2007

Woohoo!!!

Sophie slept in her own bed last night ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I cannot remember the last time she did that. Usually (or should I say always), she ends up in our bed around 3am if not earlier. Today, she slept in until 8:30am. Luckily, she did not have therapy until 9:30am so I did not have to wake her up. It was a very busy day today. Sophie had speech therapy at 9:30am, developmental therapy at 11:30am, and occupational therapy at 12:30pm. By 1:45pm, she was in her crib sleeping. Unfortunately, that nap did not last too long. She woke up crying twice and by 2:45pm she refused to go back to sleep. Surprisingly, she was not crabby at all. She had her afternoon snack, went to the grocery store with me and then we all went over to a friend's house for dinner. I guess that good night sleep was enough for her. If this is her new schedule, I have a lot of adjustments to make to mine. One hour is not enough time for me to eat lunch, shower, clean the kitchen and just have a bit of down time. But I will take her sleeping through the night anyday. That means no waking up in the middle of the night having seizures. Those are the worst. Oh by the way, we had to go back up to 5mg of Clobazam (2.5mg in AM and 2.5mg in PM). Her seizures would not stabilize on the 2.5mg of Clobazam a day. So next week we will most likely start Keppra.

No comments: