Thursday, August 14, 2008

When you least except it...

I had a blast in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I have to admit...I was not looking forward to this trip. I had knots in my stomach, not able to sleep, small panic attack kind of feelings towards this trip. Sophie was just coming off ACTH (her last shot was the night before we left) so my emotions were already running high from the whole drama of what we were going through at the moment. I was worried about her weakened immune system. There was no being able to stop off at some restaurant along the way and stretch our legs or burn some energy. Sophie couldn't be in public places. I knew Sophie would be fine in the car but Elsa was a whole different story. Elsa is on the go and does not like to be strapped down. I can barely even hold her at times without her wiggling around like crazy. Then once we got there, what was I suppose to do with an immune suppressed 2 year old and a 6 month old. Little did I know...

Not all of us did all of these since we took turns staying back with Sophie and Elsa at times but if we could take them we did...white water rafting, hiking to Laurel Falls, swimming (lots and lots of swimming), Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum, Ripley's Mirror Maze, go-karts, putt-putt golf, regular golf, Cirque de Chine (simply amazing), Pancake Pantry* (best pancakes ever), Ober-Gatlinburg (mini outdoor amusement park), and that is all my mind can remember at the moment.


Ober-Gatlinburg
The faster the ride, the steeper the slide, the more fun Sophie had...she has no fear!



After the ride was over, Sophie would point to the slide and say "moh". She had so much fun.


Those gorgeous eyes...yet I can't help but notice the 2 scars...one above each eye.


Notice the mountains in the background...our view was absolutely gorgeous.


We saw several bears. This one came right through our backyard.


Laurel Falls
Sophie fell asleep on the walk up.


The water was really cold but Elsa loved putting her feet in it.


Haley and Brandon climb a little higher which made me nervous...that's why there are dads in the world.


*If you ever been to Gatlinburg, you would know why I mentioned which pancake house we ate at...I have never been to a place that had a pancake house on every corner...literally.

2 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

Sophie has gotten so tan!! Very cute!! I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourselves...Looks like a wonderful vacation!!

Karen said...

Aww yall went to Gatlinburg! Thats one of our fav get aways we go there often actually we are going next month for a week best time there is fall its breathtaking. But of course its beautiful all year round, lots to do and lots to see! Its a great family spot. We only live about 3-4 hours away from there! Glad you got out and hopefully relaxed a little I know its hard to do though. I see I've got alot of catching up to do on her blog so let me get to reading cause I can get lost in Gatlinburg conversation quick! :0

Karen