Thursday, January 25, 2007

Arrgh...

Nothing can ever be easy. I just got off the phone with the pharmacy in Canada that we ordered the Clobazam from. It has been two weeks and we still have not received it. They had shipped the drug on January 13th which is twelve days ago. They have a call out to see if it is being held up by the FDA. Most likely we will receive the package, it is just a matter of time. The FDA will occasionally pull a package and hold it for a couple of weeks. I just want to start this drug as soon as possible in order to give it adequate time before we start the ketogenic diet (which would most likely be the first week in March). I am really hoping the Clobazam works. Not just because of the obvious reason of wanting to stop the seizures but I really do not want Sophie to go on the ketogenic diet. The more I read about the diet, the more overwhelmed I feel. If I think my life is crazy now between all the doctor appointments, therapy sessions and traveling, it is nothing compared to what my life will be like while Sophie is on the ketogenic diet. But, of course, I will do anything that could possibly stop these seizures.

1 comment:

Great Aunt Barb said...

We just got back from a trip to WI and the first thing I did (after unpacking) was to check on Sophie. I hope by now you've received her meds. I guess this week you're back off to Chicago for a helmut check.

Hang in there and give Sophie a big hug and kiss from me.

Love,

Aunt Barb