Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sophie is growing! And this time, we don't mean in weight...
We see the beginnings of Sophie's first tooth. All it is right now is a tiny little white nub, but it is coming - FINALLY. She is drooling like crazy.

Sophie is also starting to babble more. Several times a day, she will say "dah" and "dee". And sometimes, she will even say "daaah deeee".

Sophie can pick up her own sippy cup now. She can actually lift it up, put it in her mouth, and tilt her head back. For awhile she would just stick it in her mouth and get frustrated that nothing would come out. Then she realized she had to tilt in up. She LOVES her sippy cup. The only thing she will drink out of it is water - no juice, no milk. Once we get back from Detroit, we are going to try to transition her to milk.

Now for the big news... Yesterday, Sophie transitioned from laying to sitting!!! SO EXCITING!!! I am so proud of her. She was laying on the floor and I was changing her diaper. I went to grab some lotion and when I got back she was sitting up. I was in shock. I knew she was laying there when I got up because I was coming right back to put a diaper on her. Well, she has done it several times since then. It still takes her a lot to get there, but she does it. Of course she did this when her big sister was around. Sophie just lights up around Haley. I know I have said this many times, but Sophie gets the biggest smiles on her face as soon as Haley walks into the room. It is so precious. I just love my girls!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you could hear the cheering and clapping from Kansas City when Grandma Deb called Saturday to tell us about Sophie surprising you by sitting up... Mike and Laura knew 5 minutes after I found out. Sophie news travels at the speed of light around here. We happened to be on our way to see cousin Pat so all of that side of the family has been updated too!!

We're all very anxious to see her at her birthday party.

Love to all.....keep practicing all those moves, Sophie, and the next thing I'd like to hear is that you bit Mommy's finger with a new tooth.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great. Can't wait to see Sophie and check out all the new things she can do!

Love,
Ed